Sacramento Lobby Day Services
A Lobby Day (also referred to as a “legislative day” or “advocacy day”) is an organized event where members of your organization convene to meet with lawmakers to advocate for their policy objectives. Lobby Days require meticulous planning months in advance to handle logistics, such as scheduling meetings with lawmakers and arranging all member activities. While visiting the Capitol, your organization can make an impact by telling personal stories, relaying their legislative priorities, and swaying the hearts and minds of elected officials. A well-run lobby day offers a unique opportunity to participate in the legislative process and affect policy that will impact your organization and industry.
Securing a legislative meeting for a constituent is not always an easy task. On average, getting on the calendar at a legislative office takes six phone calls and/or emails, not including the inevitable need to re-schedule the day of. That's why so many meetings fall through the cracks, leaving Government Relations departments to come to a screeching halt in the weeks before a fly-in or advocacy day. Golden State Government Relations’ Sacramento Lobby Day Services free your staff from the chaos of securing meetings and juggling Legislative schedules. We've completed several successful Lobby days and provide a professional-level service for your advocates that communicates how seriously you take their advocacy.
A Golden State Sacramento Lobby Day includes:
· Comprehensive appointment scheduling by seasoned Government Relations pros
· Pre-consultation on coverage, legislative targets, and meeting levels
· Individual schedules for all participants
· Advocacy packets including information on members’ key committees, important bills authored, co-sponsorships, caucus memberships, votes, etc.
· On-site Help Desk on your Advocacy Day
· Activities for your members or advocates that are not actually coming to Sacramento, like action alerts, call-in campaigns, social media campaigns (These activities amplify the voices of non-physical attendees and provides them with a better sense of community and inclusion.)
· Immersive, interactive, and entertaining Advocacy Day training by Andy Russell, MPA
Give your association more political clout in Sacramento and schedule your next Lobby Day with Golden State Government Relations!